Amethyst Smoky Quartz
- Crystal System: Trigonal
- Formation: Primary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, quartz group
- Colour: Purple Amethyst combined with Brown/Grey Smoky Quartz in varying amounts
- Rarity: Rare and sometimes difficult to obtain
- Forms: Natural – rough and points and sometimes tumbled
- Birthstone: Amethyst is a February Birthstone
Mythology – Is a combination of 2 distinct Quartz – Amethyst and Smoky Quartz and is referred to by both Smoky Amethyst and Amethyst Smoky depending on the dominate stone. They combine beautifully and you will find the more dominate the stone in the combination the more the piece will lean in properties towards that specific stone and the balance will be created making each piece individual in the energies it gives. This is a fairly recent stone that is emerging more and more so there are no specific traditions surrounding it.
Amethyst History/Mythology: The Word Amethyst comes from the Greek word ‘amethustos’ which means non-inebriated. Crystal cups made of Amethyst were used due to the belief that it would have a sobering effect on the user and they would not get drunk. Konrad von Megenbery in the middle ages, defined the crystal as being a mineral that ‘makes a person better, disperses bad thoughts, brings good commonsense and makes one mild and gentle.
Smoky History.Mythology – In many European Countries throughout history smoky Quartz has been a good luck stone that would be worn as a protective talisman. The belief is still strong today and you will find crusifixes/cross cut from Smoky Quartz. References to the sacred stone Smoky Quartz and its uses in Scotland date back to the druids and it is to this day the National Gem Stone of Scotland.
Amethyst Smoky brings together to wonderful stones and combines there properties to bring forth a high vibrational stone that is very protective as well as detoxifiy or cleansing to ones body and soul. Just like Amethyst, Amethyst Smoky Quartz helps to open the Third Eye and assist you in contacting higher beings/spiritual energies and once you have made contact it will then through the Smoky element help to ground those energies firmly. The two stones work wonderfully in combination to clear and then shield once all negative energies/being/influences are removed helping prevent them from returning. This stone can help you to break previous contract/ties made in past lives so that you can move forward freely and continue on your own spiritual path without the burden of past involvements.
Chakra – Third Eye, Crown Chakra and Base Chakra
Healing – helps to detoxify and cleans the body including clearing unwanted parasites, rebuild the endocrine system and assist with stabilizing hormone production and balance. It also crosses over with both the physical healing of Amethyst and smoky.
Smoky Quartz Healing – Excellent for treating radiation related illness of chemotherapy. Promotes pain relief, Good for ailments of abdomen, hip and legs, relieves pain, and helps headaches. Dissolves cramps, strengthens back, and fortifies the nerves. Aids in assimilation of minerals, regulates liquid within the body
Amethyst Healing – Cleanses blood, immune system, skin conditions, cellular disorders, fine tunes metabolism and assists with the endocrine system.
- Meditated with it placed on the Third Eye or held to help clear away negativity energy/entities.
- Carried around as a protective talisman to help ward of all negative energies.
- Placed on body or appropriate Chakra for healing
- Can assist to break attachment or contracts put in place from previous lives when specifically meditated on for this purpose.
- Can be use safely to make essences (please clean thoroughly before use and make sure your specimen is pure)
Amethyst Smoky Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.