- Crystal System: Hexagonal
- Location: Brazil, Canada, Mexico, India, Pakistan, Russia and Australia
- Formation: Primary
- Hardness 7.5 to 8
- Mineral Class: ring Silicate
- Colour: Green to light blue
- Forms: natural, tumbled, and in Jewelry
- Birthstone: March
Mythology/history – Aquamarine is a member to the beryl family and has been know for a very long time, however it was not until the Renaissance period that it got its current name. The word Aquamarine comes from Latin/Italian origin and means aqua marina which translates to’Seawater’ which was given due to its colouring. Aquamarine has always been connect to the Ocean or Sea. Sea travelling people used to carry a piece of Aquamarine with them in order to promote safe travel. It was believe in the past that Aquamarine had the ability to change colour in order to reveal if someone was a friend or enemy or if a lie was being told to you.
Aquamarine is a stone of courage and protection that helps you to reduce stress and to quieten your mind. It assists to harmonizes your surroundings and helps to bring balance and peace particularly when you are feeling overwhelmed, by doing this it makes it a fantastic stone to use if you are trying to overcome fears and phobias. Aquamarine helps us to see if we have negative patterns/behavior in our live and break the cycle so that we can move forward and allow new more productive patterns to form.
Aquamarine resonates particularly well with the energies of your throat Charkra and helps to enhance your communication and clear any blockages that you are holding in that area. This enable you to increase your verbal communication. As Aquamarine also works through your Heart Chakra it will assist you to understand what your heart truly desires and allows you to express those wishes in a verbal sense and by doing so take the first steps to a more for filled fuller life.
You can use Aquamarine to stimulate mental growth so that you can assimilate new knowledge with a new clarity of thought – this makes it a wonderful stone to use for a student or anyone that is continuously growing in there knowledge. Aquarmarine is considered a good fortune talisman particularly when traveling over the ocean and helps to bring luck in all ventures. It allows you to take a step back when dealing with other people and become more tolerant of their behavior by seeing their side of things in a rational manner. By being more open to different prospective you allow yourself to tap more and more into the flow of life and access ancient wisdom held within universal conciseness or the Akashic Records.
Physically, Aquamarine helps to heal ailments of the throat, including the thyroid and pituitary, and can help to ameliorate diseases of the liver. Aquamarine can also help with allergies by calming an overactive immune system, as well as assisting with other autoimmune disorders.
Chakra – Throat Chakra and secondary Heart Chakra
Healing – Useful for sore throats, swollen gland & thyroid problems. General tonic counteracts short and long sightedness. Will assist with an overactive immune system to bring through its calming energies.
- Aquamarine should be worn for a long periods of time in direct contact with the body.
- Can be used in all meditations and for grid work.
- A great travel talisman to be carried or worn when traveling to bring safety and good luck.
- Should be laid directly on the relevant body part during healing.
- Placed on the eyelids in the evening for eye issues.
Aquamarine Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.