- Crystal System: Amorphous
- Formation: Secondary
- Mineral Class: Oxide
- Colour: all colours, iridescent
- Forms: natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
Mythology – Opal is know as both a lucky and unlucky stone depending on what culture you refer to. According to the Greeks Opal was first formed from the tears of Zeus after he defeated the Titan. In India it is believed to be the goddess of Rainbows who was turned to stone when fleeing from the unwanted advances of other Gods.
Opal has a very fine and delicate energy. Opals allow us to see the more colourful side of life and awakens our desire for variety and to try new things. Aids in expressing your true self. A protective stone especially when venturing into dangerous places. Brings loyalty and spontaneity. Opal awakens both psychic and mystical qualities. Opal can release fear and send comforting support to those who are in grieving.
Chakra – Adjust according to dominant colour of your Opal.
Healing – Strengthens the will to live. Treats Parkinson’s disease, improves the memory, cool a fevers and fight an infection, purifies blood, regulates insulin, and eases childbirth.
- Due to the diversity in colour of many Opal they can be used very usefully in healings by activating several different chakras at once and then linking them back to the Crown Chakra. By doing this you will infuse your aura with the full spectrum of light for healing.
- Just keeping the stone close to you is a great pick me up as it gives off a joyful vibration
- Wearing a piece of Jewelry with Opal in it is a great way to utilize it properties – this is a popular way as a talisman or protection while traveling.
- Carrying it around in your pocket or as a hand comforter particularly useful in times of grief.
- Used as a healing stone by placing it on the relevant area
Opal Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.