- Crystal System: Trigonalv
- Formation: Primary or Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Oxide, Corundum Family
- Colour: Red
- Forms: natural, polished, cut/carved and common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: July
Mythology – The word Ruby comes for the latin word rubeus meaning red. Ruby was considered to be connected to the sun by all of the old cultures in both Europe and India and was thought to represent life force, inner fire, love and passion.
Ruby encourages passion and enthusiasm for life. A stone of abundance, it helps to retain wealth and passion. It can bring up anger and encourages positive thoughts. It stimulates the mind so that it becomes sharp with awareness and concentration. Ruby overcomes exhaustion and yet can calm hyperactivity.
Chakra – Heart and Root Chakra
Healing – It detoxifies the body, blood, lymph and treats fevers. Good for heart and circulation. Stimulates adrenals, kidneys and spleen.
- Ruby should be worn for a long periods of time in direct contact with the body in a piece of jewelry
- Ruby makes a great hand comforter when you are trying to work out or solve an issue.
- Ruby works well when laid directly on the Heart or Root chakras during meditation or healings
Ruby Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $6.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- All postage outside Australia $18.50 flat rate.
- Pickup available from Sunshine Coast Qld from markets