- Crystal System: Monoclinic
- Formation: Tertiary
- Mineral Class: Phyllo or sheet Silicate
- Colour: A range of different Greens from olive green through to yellowy green and some with silver lines
- Forms: Natural, tumbled, cut/carved and very common in Jewelry
- Birthstone: Nil
History/Mythology: It is believed the Serpentine (serpent stone) got its name due to its makings which resemble a serpents or snakes scales. Serpentine has been used as a protection amulet throughout history with ‘Fright Stones’ surviving from the Middle Ages and Earlier. A ‘Fright Stone’ is a stone that has had an ugly or scary face carved into it and it is believed to scare or keep bad things away. It can be commonly found in Jewelry and stone carvings and is sometimes used or called ‘New Jade’.
Serpentine is a fantastic abundance stone as it opens up your Heart Chakra and helps yo to realize your true wants in life. It then works on all levels to manifest them into your life – whether that be in the area of prosperity, emotional and physical needs. It is a great protective stone and will assist healing on all levels. Serpentine assists us to find our own personal boundaries and then be comfortable with where we are in life. Due to its name and unusual colouration patterns it is thought to help when working with the Kundalini energies in order to open and enhance you energy follow when meditating.
Chakra – Heart Charka and Kundalini Energys (working every Chakra)
Healing – Issues of the heart and lung area, constipation and diarrhea reoccurring issues, diabetes and helps to clear toxin build up within the body.
- Serpentine love to be worn and carried within the aura, particularly touching the skin.
- Can be used in all meditations to assist with raising the Kundalini Energies.
- A stone circle of amethyst tips is a great enhancing method and very powerful
- Can be meditated on as a manifestation stone, in order to understand and recognize your true heart desires.
- Works as a great hand warmer or comfort stone.
Serpentine Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.