- Alternate names: Turritella, Elimia Agate
- Crystal System: Rhombohedral Microcrystalline
- Location: USA for true Turritella Agate however sea fossils found in Agate can come from numerous places around the world.
- Mineral Class: Commonly Agates are Silicates
- Moh Hardness: 6.5-7
- Colour: A brown translucent backing stone with small shell fossils
- Rarity: Commonly seen stones and in Jewellery
- Birthstone: Nil
History/Mythology: The Turritella Agate was first named thinking that the shells fossilized within the stone were from the genus Turritella – a cone/spiral sea snail. However later it was discovered that this was in correct and that the genus of the fossil was in fact the Elimia freshwater snail, by the time this was discovered however the name Turritella had become popular and so the stone is still referred to as Turritella Agate in modern times. ‘Turritella Agate’ was first discovered and named in the Green River Area of Wyoming in the US and true Turritella comes only from that area, however different Agate containing Fossils that come out of numerous locations around the world have been sold under the name of ‘Turritella Agate’ due to their similar appearance.
Turritella Agate is a stone of balance in bringing together the organic and inorganic elements of the fossil and the mineral: by combining these elements it allows you to find the balance between nature and our current technological environment. Turritella will help you to reconnect with nature and understand the damage currently being done by our generation’s environmental choices and assist with the healing that nature requires. Turritella Agate is a distant moment stopped in time and will allow you to see and connect with past personal issues so that you can heal and release them enabling you to move forward in a calm peaceful way. Turritella Agate is a grounding and protective stone that is particularly beneficial when travelling or on journeys both in a spiritual and physical sense.
Chakra – Primary Chakra is the Root or Base, however Turritella Agate can be used on all Chakras starting with the Base/Root Chakra and allowing the energy to flow and spiral up.
Healing – Assists with any issue surrounding child birth, from conception through to the assimilation of changes a parent and child go through at birth. Through its spiralling energy it assists with any blood or circulatory issues including swelling and stomach bloating.
- Can be used in meditation to assist to clear any blockages. The energy will start at the Root Chakra and spiral up and clear the Chakras as it goes.
- Worn or place in a pocket as a protective talisman particularly when embarking on a spiritual or physical journey.
- Worn or placed near you when dealing with any issues of child conception through to child birth.
- Used as a ‘worry’ stone or the term I prefer ? ‘soothing’ stone to play with when you are feeling anxious to release its balancing calming vibration.
- Used in grids to help re balance areas of damage in nature. This is commonly done by an energy work/healer to grid a damaged area and leave the grid in place for long term healing of that area.
- Used in healing over the affected area either through energy work or meditation.
Turritella Agate Products for Sale
Shipping info for all purchases:
- FREE standard shipping for all purchases over $30 and under 250 grams in Australia
- $7.50 flat fee for all postage within Australia for purchases under $30
- Express Post available $10 on all orders within Australia
- All postage outside Australia $27.50 tracked flat rate.
- Pickup available from Events listed on Calendar by appointment.